Metro Detroit, United States, North America
Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
$50K - $100K
23 Feb, 2017
Software Development Engineer
Our client is a well funded, fast growing start up in downtown Detroit’s high-tech corridor. The company is an industry leading Cloud based provider developing the next generation of tools that connect audio/video equipment, lighting, heating and cooling, home security, etc. to the Internet, smartphones and Internet mobile devices. The company manages its development and support from their headquarters in heart of Downtown Detroit, MI, and have systems installed in over 68 countries around the globe. The company is currently looking for talented and energetic software development engineers experienced in cloud and mobile applications to join our growing start-up to work on building their innovative next-generation control, analytics, and automation platform from the ground up. Work with awesome industry partners to develop unique software solutions to their IoT related problems, and Implement new features into their existing Web and Mobile applications.
The following are high level requirements for the role:
- Strong Interest in Electronics (Audio/Visual) and New technology, IoT etc.
- Ability to Set Own Direction & Take Ownership and a Whatever – Wherever – Whenever Attitude
- Architect scalable services and the infrastructure to support them.
- Participate in Peer/Code Reviews
- Handle support tickets and track progress using Jira.
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings to set direction.
- Join and lead meetings as needed with internal team and external contacts.
- Develop both cloud based applications as well as native clients across many platforms.
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs to extend functionality.
- Develop software for embedded systems that solve unique, real world IoT problems.
- Use Agile methodologies to collaboratively deliver solid software solutions.
- Aid the team in speccing out and accurately estimating new features.
- Work closely with business users and UI/UX team members for requirements, problem solving etc.
- Forge relationships with vendors and clients.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience is desired.
- Experience in development of application in C++, Objective-C, and/or Java is required.
- Knowledge of relational databases such as PostgreSQL.
- Strong object oriented design experience is required.
- Knowledge of Web technologies such as Spring Boot and Angular is a plus.
- Experience designing and consuming REST APIs is a plus.
- Experience with development for iOS and Android mobile platforms is a plus.
- Familiarity with unit testing frameworks like JUnit, gTest, etc.
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies such as Scrum.
- Experience developing cross platform applications and writing low-level systems applications is nice to have.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related degree with an excellent academic record (Preferred)