Greater Lansing Area, United States, North America
Entry Level (0-2+ Years)
03 Mar, 2017
Our client is a long standing organization that provides mental health and substance abuse services to the residents of Clinton, Eaton, and Ingham counties. They provide a wide array of services, including: substance abuse services, crisis services, intervention services, and various family services among others. In the past 25 years, this organization has seen steady growth. They are looking for a Software Developer to join their team. This is a permanent hire opportunity.
The following are high level requirements for this role:
- Experience with C# or Java, and SQL Programming
- Front end and back end development experience
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering is preferred
- Designs, programs, documents and maintains database triggers, scripts, stored procedures, and other SQL functions with minimal error.
- Designs, programs, documents and maintains reports using the reporter system to run quickly and without error. Create clear and thorough end-user report documentation.
- Responsible for all aspects of assigned projects, including planning, design, coding, documentation and training.
- Creates, modifies and updates, as needed, Streamline screens, documents, forms, data tables, recode tables and any other component or object
- Creates, modifies and updates, as needed, Clinician Desktop screens, objects, data tables, recode tables, and/or other components.
- Uses Access and other database software to import, export and analyze data. Develops databases, tables, and queries; writes reports; and/or manipulates data to meet agency needs.
- May serve as a liaison with Network Specialists and Systems Technicians to deal with software installation and computer setup issues, including provision of assistance with coding and scripts for software installation and/or other aspects of network and PC maintenance.
- Codes and tests in such a way that applications and programs function with few or no errors.
- Embeds high quality “commenting” in all programming code that describes the intent and operation of the various sections of code. In cases where code can’t be commented (e.g., a report writer) comments in another suitable location.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate working relationships with consumers, staff, outside agencies and vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- Education requirement may be waived, on a case by case basis, for a combination of education, directly related experience, and demonstrated SQL and Object Oriented Programming ability.
- Two years of experience in programming required.
- Knowledge of SQL and .NET programming required.
- Ability to communicate accurately and effectively both in writing and verbally is required.
Job keywords/tags: Software Developer , C# , Java , SQL , .Net , Python , Front End Development , Back End Development