Metro Detroit, United States, North America
Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
10 Mar, 2017
Sales Support Engineer
Our client is a leading provider of time & attendance solutions leveraging extensive channel partnerships and stand alone end-to-end custom systems. They have sustained a growth rate of over 30% over the last 5 years and are looking to add additional Sales Support Engineers to support that growth. This role will be responsible for providing solutions for their channel partners’ prospects through various methods, including answering questions, providing narrative solutions, and demonstrating their product in a sales-oriented fashion. They will also assist in solution development and technical support of their channel partner services organization. Assisting in or, when required, providing RFQ responses, pricing, and closing of sales.
The following are high level requirements for the role:
- One (1) year of experience as a Sales Engineer providing demonstrations of complex software solutions
- Two (2) years of experience with software technical solution development in an implementation, support or other role.
- Two (2) years’ experience working with end users, prospects or support to determine product / feature solutions.
- One (1) year of implementation or support with the time and labor, payroll or HR software (preferred).
- Deliver complex solution presentations in front of senior leadership
- Mentor and train Sales personnel to perform complex solution demonstration
- Learn key compliance concepts around FLSA, FMLA, ACA and others as relevant to the industry
- Perform Data Base Maintenance – ability to perform routine maintenance and updating of demonstration databases
- Deliver presentations to a variety of stakeholders
- Quickly learn and apply relevant labor compliance concepts surrounding Time Labor Management
- Provide exemplary customer care
- Five (5) or more years of experience in an implementation or support role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, equivalent degree or combination of 7+ years equivalent work experience.
- Experience in developing requests for quote or proposal
- Two (2) or more years of solution focused experience in technical sales or as an implementation consultant of a software solution
- Prior support or implementation experience with a Payroll, Human Resources or Time Labor Management related suite of products.
- Exceptional listening skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite products
- Proven organizational skills and ability to adjust to changing product features and development environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical solutions.
- Ability to build rapport with prospects and effectively analyze prospect business needs
- Initiative and self-directed work efforts
- Time management – ability to effectively address multiple priorities from a variety of sources in an effective manner during high work volume time periods
- Ability to perform under pressure with poise and professionalism
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Collaboration skills with internal and external stakeholder
- Adaptable and flexible in a changing work environment
Job keywords/tags: Sales Support Engineer , Software Solution Demonstrations , Software Implementation , Software Support , End User Support