Metro Detroit, United States, North America
Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
03 May, 2017
Full Stack Developer
Our client is a financial, wall street, investment news delivery platform delivered in real-time via desktop, mobile and other cutting edge formats. The company one of the fastest growing start-ups in downtown Detroit’s high-tech corridor. The company is looking for an experienced Full Stack Web Developer and in this role you will have the opportunity to be on the frontline, given full ownership of projects that you will see through to completion. The role requires working closely with peers and collaborating with other teams to implement technical solutions. The primary responsibility is to develop code in an agile environment to consistently deliver value and maintain the application to keep everything running smoothly and effectively.
The following are high level requirements for the role:
- Experience with API Based Services (Preferred)
- Ability to Work Independently and Collaboratively in a Fast Paced, Agile Environment
- Work collaboratively with a seasoned development team to learn the development process.
- Develop microservices and REST API’s with various backend technologies.
- Support existing applications and programs & build up new services.
- Coordinate task management through the use of Jira.
- Follow Agile Kanban Methodology for iterative development.
- Participate in daily Stand-Up meetings.
- Take ownership of code basis from project to project.
- Work on a pet project to market a new product.
- Oversee projects from start to finish with a team or on your own.
- Spin up new machines for services.
- Application support as needed.
- Options to work Remotely
- 3 - 5+ years of Professional Full-Stack Development Experience
- 3+ years experience in Go (Golang), Python
- Experience with Go for backend (microservices) and React/HTML5 on the front-end (Highly Preferred)
- Experience with Large Databases (MongoDB, MySQL, and/or Postgres)
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop files.
- Experience with Code/Unit Testing (Jest/Jasmine)
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Experience with Continuous Integration.
- Experience on a large projects
- Knowledge of financial markets and financial technology (Preferred)
- Knowledge of Salt and AWS is a (Preferred).